Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Thing #7-Blog Post about anything Technology-Related

While I am quite familiar with computers and many computer applications, I admit that until this Learning Libraries activity, I used the internet mainly to check email and read the news. I am getting more comfortable with the new technologies I am learning, but it will take awhile! I am, however, quite familiar with the Apple iPod. My husband bought me one for Christmas and I had no idea how to use it. I downloaded the tutorial and taught myself. Now, I can't imagine not using it! It is so easy to make numerous music "mixes" and is much lighter to carry (or clip on!) when running than is a portable CD player. I remember the days of making mix tapes -- that was quite a lengthy process. Now, a mix can be created in the time it takes to download the songs. This is the technoloy advancement I use the most at this time.

No comments: